[Grml] Release Candidate 1 of grml 2009.10 available - Netboot-Package
Ralf Moll
2009-10-24 19:05:08 UTC
Hi Mika and Team,

thanks for the hard work. I'm downloading right now.

I also wanted to test the PXE Part, but on

http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=terminalserver#grml_netboot_packages

The Netboot-Files are missing, so I tried manually

http://grml.org/terminalserver/grml_netboot_package_grml_2009.10.tar.bz2

but got 404.

Do I have to extract the needed files manually?

cu,

Ralf
Michael Prokop
2009-10-25 00:59:30 UTC
Post by Ralf Moll
thanks for the hard work. I'm downloading right now.
I also wanted to test the PXE Part, but on
http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=terminalserver#grml_netboot_packages
The Netboot-Files are missing, so I tried manually
http://grml.org/terminalserver/grml_netboot_package_grml_2009.10.tar.bz2
but got 404.
Under this URL you'll find the netboot packages for the stable
release then, but not before we've released the stable release. :)
Post by Ralf Moll
Do I have to extract the needed files manually?
We just created the netboot packages for rc1:

http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=terminalserver#grml_netboot_packages

Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

regards,
-mika-
Hi Mika,

I'm on the road, so I could not test the netboot-stuff, but I noticed
the lack of ewfaquire.

xmount is inclucded.

Regards,

Ralf
Michael Prokop
2009-10-26 10:53:24 UTC
Post by Ralf Moll
I'm on the road, so I could not test the netboot-stuff, but I noticed
the lack of ewfaquire.
Ah, ewfacquire moved from libewf* to ewf-tools, right.
Thanks for mentioning, fixed that.

regards,
-mika-
Hi Mika,
Post by Michael Prokop
Ah, ewfacquire moved from libewf* to ewf-tools, right.
Thanks for mentioning, fixed that.
guymager is also missing.

regards,

Ralf
Ralf Moll
2009-10-26 20:59:04 UTC
Hi mika,

you may add fonic stuff to wvdial.conf.umts

[Dialer fonic]
Baud = 921600
Init3 = AT+CGDCONT=1, "IP","pinternet.interkomm.de","",0,0
Username=fonic
Password=fonic
Dial Command = ATDT
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
Carrier Check = No
Phone = *99#
Stupid Mode = 1

In addition to that, grml-tips umts is out-of-date:

gcom is now comgt

This has to be changed in the head of wvdial.conf.umts, too.

ralf
Michael Prokop
2009-10-27 20:35:05 UTC
Post by Ralf Moll
you may add fonic stuff to wvdial.conf.umts
[Dialer fonic]
Baud = 921600
Init3 = AT+CGDCONT=1, "IP","pinternet.interkomm.de","",0,0
Username=fonic
Password=fonic
Dial Command = ATDT
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
Carrier Check = No
Phone = *99#
Stupid Mode = 1
gcom is now comgt
This has to be changed in the head of wvdial.conf.umts, too.
Thanks, fixed for the stable release with upload
of grml-tips 0.4.20 and grml-etc 1.1.28.

Post by Ralf Moll
Post by Michael Prokop
Ah, ewfacquire moved from libewf* to ewf-tools, right.
Thanks for mentioning, fixed that.
guymager is also missing.
Thought that it wouldn't be possible with regards to its
dependencies but luckily this wasn't an issue. So added, thanks for
bringing up.

regards,
-mika-

if anyone beside me is using grub4dos to boot grml-isos, 2009.10 is
different to 2009.05:you have to set heads and sectors for the mapping.

grub4dos menu.lst

# http://michael-prokop.at/blog/2009/05/25/boot-an-iso-via-grub2/
# http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8288
title grml i2009.10 RC1 - Default boot ssh=grml toram (using 1024x768
framebuffer)
find --set-root /images/grml_2009.10-rc1.iso
map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /images/grml_2009.10-rc1.iso (0xff)
map --hook
root (0xff)
kernel /boot/grml/linux26 findiso=/images/grml_2009.10-rc1.iso boot=live
quiet vga=791 noeject noprompt lang=de ssh=grml toram
initrd /boot/grml/initrd.gz
savedefault

# http://michael-prokop.at/blog/2009/05/25/boot-an-iso-via-grub2/
title grml - Default boot ssh=grml toram (using 1024x768 framebuffer)
find --set-root /images/grml_2009.05.iso
map /images/grml_2009.05.iso (0xff)
map --hook
root (0xff)
kernel /boot/grml/linux26 findiso=/images/grml_2009.05.iso boot=live

Ralf
T o n g
2009-10-30 17:23:05 UTC
Post by Ralf Moll
if anyone beside me is using grub4dos to boot grml-isos, 2009.10 is
different to 2009.05:you have to set heads and sectors for the mapping..
Thanks a thousand. That's really helpful!
--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/tools/