[Grml] libvdpau_nvidia.so is missing -- 2nd posting
v.klemt
2011-09-19 10:22:06 UTC
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hallo Will,

Thank you for drawing my attention to ...
However, I see that error every time I run mplayer. I too use an Intel
GPU, so for me it is just a warning message--even if I had the library
mplayer is warning about, I would not be able to take advantage of
MPlayer's capability to use recent nvidia cards' VDPAU rendering
subsystem. In my case it does not prevent mplayer from working, and it
In fact, starting Mplayer (standalone, I don't use the Gecko plugin in
Iceweasel) from the command line, I also get the message

"Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared ..."

which I had overlooked all the time. It is really a warning only.

The aforementioned problem with Mozilla (resulting in segmention fault)
had never before occurred to me in any other PC.

My first guess was a hardware problem (defective memory), but why then
should it always happen exactly on he same occasion?

Best regards,

Vilmar
v.klemt

Vilmar