[Grml] Adding hostapn package to grml-iso
Matthias Strubel
2012-02-02 18:51:05 UTC

i'm working on the PirateBox (http://wiki.daviddarts.com/PirateBox)
scripts for debian based system
(http://piratebox.aod-rpg.de/dokuwiki/doku.php) . I love grml very
much and just discovered all needed packages for the basic
Piratebox-Solution a alread installed at the image. Only hostapn is
missing... (yeah, I know, you can install it later)

Is it possible to add the package hostapn to the grml-image on default?
Hostapn is a tool to create an accesspoint with wifi-cards, which
can't switch into "Master"-mode

best regards
Matthias Strubel
Michael Prokop
2012-02-15 22:27:21 UTC
Post by Matthias Strubel
i'm working on the PirateBox (http://wiki.daviddarts.com/PirateBox)
scripts for debian based system
(http://piratebox.aod-rpg.de/dokuwiki/doku.php) . I love grml very
much and just discovered all needed packages for the basic
Piratebox-Solution a alread installed at the image. Only hostapn is
missing... (yeah, I know, you can install it later)
Is it possible to add the package hostapn to the grml-image on default?
Hostapn is a tool to create an accesspoint with wifi-cards, which
can't switch into "Master"-mode
Do you mean the hostapd package?

regards,
-mika-
Hi William,
Hi Mika,
Post by Michael Prokop
Do you mean the hostapd package?
yes
Post by Michael Prokop
Remastering
At weekends I'm playing around with bootstrap installation via grml in
a virtual machine for testing remastering :)

best regards
Matthias
Post by Michael Prokop
Matthias,
Piratebox is awesome and so is grml :)
1. Use grml-live to remaster and make a new image, as described in
http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=remastering ; or
2. Use grml's debian live persistence features to add the package and
any config changes to an additional partition.
Obviously, #1 is easier for redistributing to others, because you get a
nice shiny new ISO with your changed config/package set, but #2 takes a
lot less time.
Cheers,
Will Gardella
Post by Matthias Strubel
Hi,
i'm working on the PirateBox (http://wiki.daviddarts.com/PirateBox)
scripts for debian based system
(http://piratebox.aod-rpg.de/dokuwiki/doku.php) . I love grml very
much and just discovered all needed packages for the basic
Piratebox-Solution a alread installed at the image. Only hostapn is
missing... (yeah, I know, you can install it later)
Is it possible to add the package hostapn to the grml-image on default?
Hostapn is a tool to create an accesspoint with wifi-cards, which
can't switch into "Master"-mode
best regards
Matthias Strubel
join #grml on irc.freenode.org
grml-devel-blog: http://blog.grml.org/
I use grml (http://grml.org/)
Michael Prokop
2012-02-16 14:35:21 UTC
Post by Michael Prokop
Do you mean the hostapd package?
yes
We've added it to the GRML_FULL class:

http://git.io/YQA5MA

so it will be shipped with the upcoming stable release.

regards,
-mika-
so it will be shipped with the upcoming stable release.
regards,
-mika-
Geat!
Thank you.