[Grml] zsh for all users
Dietmar Segbert
2010-04-19 20:14:00 UTC
Hello,
i need some help. After installing grml-squeeze on my netbook ausus
1005ha-m the from my added users don't use the zsh, they use bash.

What must i do, that all users use zsh?

Thanks for your help.

Dietmar
Ulrich Dangel
2010-04-19 19:49:08 UTC
* Dietmar Segbert wrote [19.04.10 22:14]:
Hi,
Post by Dietmar Segbert
What must i do, that all users use zsh?
You have to specify which shell shall be used while creating a new user.
You can do this for example via adduser --shell /bin/zsh

To change the shell after you created the user use chsh and specify
/bin/zsh as shell.

Ulrich
Darshaka Pathirana
2010-04-19 20:06:02 UTC
Post by Ulrich Dangel
Post by Dietmar Segbert
What must i do, that all users use zsh?
You have to specify which shell shall be used while creating a new user.
You can do this for example via adduser --shell /bin/zsh
To have adduser automatically set a different shell have a look at
"/etc/adduser.conf". You should find a DSHELL-variable.

Greetings,
- Darsha
Darshaka Pathirana

- Darsha