[Grml] ssh=password doesn't work
John G Heim
2015-10-31 01:14:54 UTC
When the syslinux boot screen comes up, am I supposed to type
"ssh=password" to start the ssh server? Or is it "grml ssh=password".
I've tried both and neither seems to work.
I am using grml-full_2014.11.iso.
--
John Heim, ***@math.wisc.edu, 608-263-4189, skype:john.g.heim,
sip:***@sip.linphone.org
join #grml on irc.fre
John G Heim
2015-11-02 19:58:41 UTC
Post by John G Heim
When the syslinux boot screen comes up, am I supposed to type
"ssh=password" to start the ssh server? Or is it "grml ssh=password".
I've tried both and neither seems to work.
I am using grml-full_2014.11.iso.
Just "ssh=password", but did you press the tab key to be able to
enter the "ssh=password"?
No, that was it. I didn't mention it in myoriginal message because I
didn't think it was relevant but I'm blind. Turns out it was relevant.
Soon as I got someone who could see in to help me, she saw that I had to
press a tab and then I remembered. After that, it probably took me about
15 minutes to rescue the server.

Boy, did I feel stupid. Nobody's fault except my own. Although, like I
said to someone else this weekend: Being blind isn't as bad as most
people thing. However, I would not recommend it.
join #grml on irc.
c***@ccs.covici.com
2016-01-15 19:58:21 UTC
Did you hit tab before typing?
Post by John G Heim
When the syslinux boot screen comes up, am I supposed to type
"ssh=password" to start the ssh server? Or is it "grml
ssh=password". I've tried both and neither seems to work.
I am using grml-full_2014.11.iso.
join #grml on irc.freenode.org
grml-devel-blog: http://blog.grml.org/
How do