[Grml] Missing smbmount
Dirk Becker
2012-01-20 16:04:46 UTC
Hi all!

I was using GRML very often for mounting SMB shares via 'mount -t
smbfs'.
Unfortunately smbfs seems to be removed since GRML 2011.12.
Is there a workaround or any other way to mount Samba shares?

-Dirk
Werner Flamme
2012-01-20 16:54:03 UTC
Post by Dirk Becker
Hi all!
I was using GRML very often for mounting SMB shares via 'mount -t
smbfs'. Unfortunately smbfs seems to be removed since GRML
2011.12. Is there a workaround or any other way to mount Samba
shares?
-Dirk
Hi Dirk,

I'm no sure if the package is installed by default, but "mount -t
cifs" should work. I don't remember the package's name - something
with "cifs" in its name, maybe cifs-utils as in Ubuntu.

HTH
Werner
Dirk Becker
2012-01-23 09:34:23 UTC
join #grml on irc.freenode.org
grml-devel-blog: http://blog.grml.org/
Michael Prokop
2012-01-23 10:17:44 UTC
Post by Dirk Becker
Post by Werner Flamme
Post by Dirk Becker
I was using GRML very often for mounting SMB shares via 'mount -t
smbfs'. Unfortunately smbfs seems to be removed since GRML
2011.12. Is there a workaround or any other way to mount Samba
shares?
I'm no sure if the package is installed by default, but "mount -t
cifs" should work. I don't remember the package's name - something
with "cifs" in its name, maybe cifs-utils as in Ubuntu.
there is neither a 'mount -t cifs' nor a 'mount -t smbfs'. Seems to be
completely removed, I also can't find the packages in
http://grml.org/files/grml32_2011.12/dpkg.list
Does anybody know why they were removed? I found them very useful.
Because of the "project reset", nobody was missing the packages so
far (or didn't bother to report).

I've added cifs-utils and smbfs to the package list for the upcoming
Grml release, thanks for bringing this issue up.

regards,
-mika-