[Grml] Does speakup continue to work in grml after installation to hard drive?
Doug Smith
2012-11-16 04:44:28 UTC
To whom it may concern:

I am attempting to get an answer to a question before I change back to
permanently using grml as my production os. Does speakup screen reader
continue to work in grml 12.05 after it has been installed on the hard
drive?

There was a previous version I tried and, after installation, I couldn't
get it to talk again. I hope this one will.

Thanks for your help.
--
Doug Smith: Special Agent
S.W.A.T Spiritual Warfare and Advanced Technology
Forever serving our LORD and SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST.
Michael Prokop
2012-11-19 20:21:53 UTC
Post by Doug Smith
I am attempting to get an answer to a question before I change back
to permanently using grml as my production os. Does speakup screen
reader continue to work in grml 12.05 after it has been installed on
the hard drive?
There was a previous version I tried and, after installation, I
couldn't get it to talk again. I hope this one will.
Please do not install Grml to hard disk. It's meant as live system
and should be used as such. We recommend installing Debian to hard
disk instead, either by using grml-debootstrap, Debian installer,
FAI,...

Debian's installer ISOs provide accessibility features nowadays,
check out http://people.debian.org/~sthibault/espeakup/README
and http://wiki.debian.org/accessibility

regards,
-mika-