[Grml] Pump and dnsmasq
T o n g
2011-02-07 03:13:11 UTC

If I dedicate a box for dnsmasq as both dhcp and dns server, can I use
pump as dhcp client on the very box to obtain the fixed IP address
configured in dnsmasq?

This is kind of chick-egg problem, so I want to make sure before
proceeding.

Thanks
--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/tools/
Christian Hofstädtler
2011-02-07 09:00:43 UTC
Post by T o n g
Hi,
If I dedicate a box for dnsmasq as both dhcp and dns server, can I use
pump as dhcp client on the very box to obtain the fixed IP address
configured in dnsmasq?
This is not a good idea for stability and sanity reasons. Although it
will probably work.
Post by T o n g
This is kind of chick-egg problem, so I want to make sure before
proceeding.
Exactly. Don't do it if you can avoid it.

-ch
T o n g

Christian Hofstädtler

-ch