[Grml] image all disks of a raid array in one stept to a single image(dd)
bill evergreen
2011-09-08 17:43:38 UTC
Hello,

I heard that GRML does automatically recognize RAID-arrays and in addition
is able to copy/image all disks of a RAID array to a single image(dd).

Is that really the case? How can that be achieved?

Thank's a lot in advance for any feedback!

Bill
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hi!
Post by bill evergreen
I heard that GRML does automatically recognize RAID-arrays and in
addition is able to copy/image all disks of a RAID array to a single
image(dd).
Is that really the case? How can that be achieved?
Boot grml with "grml swraid" to automatically assemble existing
software raid arrays[1]

[1] http://grml.org/cheatcodes/

After that you can image all the devices at /dev/mdX.

Regards && HTH,
- Darsha
bill evergreen

- Darsha