[Grml] Need to unmap an alias in /etc/zsh/zshrc without modifying that file
John
2013-09-07 17:52:19 UTC
I'm using the grml-zsh-config package for Arch Linux. It places /etc/zsh/zshrc from grml upstream which contains an offending line:

alias j='jobs -l'

The strategy as I understand it is NOT to modify /etc/zsh/zshrc but rather to modify ~/.zshrc.local which I do have. My question is how can I unmap that alias in my ~/.zshrc.local leaving /etc/zsh/zshrc untouched? Btw, there is a great piece of software called autojump that works when users invoke the 'j' key which is why I want to unmap this.

Thank you.
Evgeni Golov
2013-09-07 17:56:17 UTC
Post by John
alias j='jobs -l'
The strategy as I understand it is NOT to modify /etc/zsh/zshrc but
rather to modify ~/.zshrc.local which I do have. My question is how
can I unmap that alias in my ~/.zshrc.local leaving /etc/zsh/zshrc
untouched? Btw, there is a great piece of software called autojump
that works when users invoke the 'j' key which is why I want to unmap
this.
Like this?
evgeni at nana ~ % j
evgeni at nana ~ % unalias j
evgeni at nana ~ % j
zsh: command not found: j
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.
John
2013-09-07 17:58:26 UTC