[Grml] can't mount squashfs
John G. Heim
2010-05-19 21:44:53 UTC

I am trying to modify the grml CD to allow me to include the Dell open
management tools. This is so that I can boot from a grml CD and configure
the RAID controller on a Dell server.

I am trying to follow the instructions on the wiki but I can't mount the
squashfs. The error message I get is below. I am trying this on a debian
squeeze machine with a 2.6.30 kernel.

# mount -o loop -t squashfs ./new/live/grml.squashfs ./loop/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
dmesg | tail or so
oot at lambeau:~/grml#I have done
Ulrich Dangel
2010-05-25 21:25:26 UTC
* John G. Heim wrote [19.05.10 23:44]:
Hi,
Post by John G. Heim
Hi,
I am trying to modify the grml CD to allow me to include the Dell open
management tools. This is so that I can boot from a grml CD and configure
the RAID controller on a Dell server.
I am trying to follow the instructions on the wiki but I can't mount the
squashfs. The error message I get is below. I am trying this on a debian
squeeze machine with a 2.6.30 kernel.
# mount -o loop -t squashfs ./new/live/grml.squashfs ./loop/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
dmesg | tail or so
oot at lambeau:~/grml#I have done
The problem is that the squashfs file is lzma compressed. It seems that
your kernel does not support this. Just use a grml kernel with the lzma
patches or patch it yourself.

And please have a look at grml-live, you can easily create custom isos
with it.

regards,
Ulrich
John G. Heim