[Grml] manual grml to hd - read only root fs
T o n g
2010-08-16 04:51:10 UTC

I did a simple

rsync -aHSx --devices --specials / $new_os_mnt/

instead of grml2hd. All seems fine just that the root fs is still mounted
read only.

what's the trick to turn rsync'ed grml hd image into a normal system,
which mounts root fs rw, and mounts other fstab entries as well?

Thanks
--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/tools/
Jason White
2010-08-16 05:58:27 UTC
Post by T o n g
I did a simple
rsync -aHSx --devices --specials / $new_os_mnt/
instead of grml2hd. All seems fine just that the root fs is still mounted
read only.
Do you have an entry for the root file system in its /etc/fstab file? If not,
the root file system will never be mounted read/write.

For example

/dev/sda1 / ext3 defaults 0 1

substituting the correct device for /dev/sda1 and the correct file system type
(of necessary) for ext3.

You can also use a volume label or UUID instead of a device name, which is
useful if you start moving drives around.
T o n g
2010-08-16 15:44:13 UTC
Thanks for the respond, Jason.
Post by Jason White
Post by T o n g
instead of grml2hd. All seems fine just that the root fs is still
mounted read only.
Do you have an entry for the root file system in its /etc/fstab file? If
not, the root file system will never be mounted read/write.
Yes, I have. And I have other fstab entries as well, which are all not
mounted.

PS. I've removed /etc/grml_cd file.

Thanks
T o n g