[Grml] squashfs-lzma-tools and squashfs-lzma-tools4
T o n g
2010-09-24 17:40:53 UTC
Hi mika,

I saw you updated docs/grml-live.txt on Wed, 1 Sep 2010, recommending to
use squashfs-lzma-tools4 v4.0-1 for grml-live build:

,-----
| squashfs-lzma-tools4 4.0-1 is available via the Grml
| repositories. It provides the mksquashfs-lzma4 and
| unsquashfs-lzma4 binaries. The package does NOT conflict with
| neither Debian's squashfs-tools package nor Grml's
| squashfs-lzma-tools package . . .
`-----

However, I found that the squashfs-lzma-tools4 is actually one version
older than my current squashfs-lzma-tools:

$ apt-cache policy squashfs-lzma-tools4
squashfs-lzma-tools4:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 4.0-1
Version table:
4.0-1 0
683 http://deb.grml.org grml-testing/main Packages

$ apt-cache policy squashfs-lzma-tools
squashfs-lzma-tools:
Installed: 4.0-2
Candidate: 4.0-2
Version table:
*** 4.0-2 0
683 http://deb.grml.org grml-testing/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

So, is this squashfs-lzma-tools4 really necessary? Will my squashfs-lzma-
tools v4.0-2 be ok with the new grml-live build?

Thanks
--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/tools/
Michael Prokop
2010-09-25 07:30:39 UTC
Post by T o n g
I saw you updated docs/grml-live.txt on Wed, 1 Sep 2010, recommending to
,-----
| squashfs-lzma-tools4 4.0-1 is available via the Grml
| repositories. It provides the mksquashfs-lzma4 and
| unsquashfs-lzma4 binaries. The package does NOT conflict with
| neither Debian's squashfs-tools package nor Grml's
| squashfs-lzma-tools package . . .
`-----
However, I found that the squashfs-lzma-tools4 is actually one version
[...]
Post by T o n g
So, is this squashfs-lzma-tools4 really necessary? Will my squashfs-lzma-
tools v4.0-2 be ok with the new grml-live build?
Completely different packages, the version numbers don't say
anything.

If you are using current grml-live building an ISO featuring kernel
2.6.35-grml[64] you've to use squashfs-lzma-tools4, everything
documented and fully explained at
http://grml.org/grml-live/#current_state

regards,

Michael Prokop