[Grml] Please don't take out accessibility away, I'll manage it
Doug Smith
2011-11-04 00:54:03 UTC
Hi, all the people here on the grml mailing list. Please
don't take away accessibility, I'll manage it. You will
have to give me step-by-exact step instructioons for how you
got it to work that way and I will do it.

I can learn, if you will some how show me how to do it. I
have a 64 bit machine, so I probably will be best to do the
64-bit version. I just want a system that is all command
line and handles current web technologies as well or better
than the gnome-orca-firefox combination if possible. Is it
possible to rewrite all those graphical applications so that
they will work in command line? Can this process be
automated?

On the other hand, how hard would it be to build a NSA-like
system that captures all the contents of the internet and
redistributes it in a non-graphical form? Can't the blind
community just build or get hold of some kind of
supercomputer and then use artificial intelligence to rework
all the internet sites into a non-graphical format and then
set up a network provider that can be accessed by
command-line only users to get the same content everyone
else does?

That is a research project for the future. If anyone has
that kind of computing power available, please direct me to
it.

If no one wants to do this, theen, can you direct me to a
way of getting command line accessibility on the command
line in a 64-bit bersion?

Please don't take accessibility out of grml. If you will
show me just exactly what to do to get it to work and then
build an iso, I can manage it.

Sincerely:

Doug Smith
Christian Hofstaedtler
2011-11-04 07:02:32 UTC
Post by Doug Smith
Hi, all the people here on the grml mailing list. Please
don't take away accessibility, I'll manage it. You will
have to give me step-by-exact step instructioons for how you
got it to work that way and I will do it.
I can learn, if you will some how show me how to do it. I
have a 64 bit machine, so I probably will be best to do the
64-bit version.
The best thing you can do to help accessibility stay is test this
test version of GRML and figure out how to make espeakup actually
work:

http://jenkins.grml.org/job/grml-medium-amd64/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/2011-11-03_15-13-18/grml_isos/autobuild_2011-11-03_15-13-18.iso

Another user reported that the speakup modules do not load into the
kernel, but we don't know why.

-ch

Post by Christian Hofstaedtler
http://jenkins.grml.org/job/grml-medium-amd64/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/2011-11-03_15-13-18/grml_isos/autobuild_2011-11-03_15-13-18.iso
HTTP 404? Does this link work for anybody?

Michael
Christian Hofstaedtler
2011-11-04 16:24:20 UTC
Post by Michael Gissing
Post by Christian Hofstaedtler
http://jenkins.grml.org/job/grml-medium-amd64/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/2011-11-03_15-13-18/grml_isos/autobuild_2011-11-03_15-13-18.iso
HTTP 404? Does this link work for anybody?
Apparently gone already.

The daily grml64 medium ISOs should now also have espeakup:
http://daily.grml.org/grml64-medium_sid_latest.iso

-ch
John G. Heim
2011-11-04 16:56:08 UTC
That daily build image doesn't boot on a OptiPlex GX280. I get the syslinux
screen but after that, it hangs. Automatic boot in 4 seconds, 3, 2, 1, ...
Nothing.

join #grml on irc.freenode.org
John G. Heim
2011-11-04 17:03:23 UTC