[Grml] consolefont
Dietmar Segbert
2011-02-06 15:06:00 UTC
Hello,
i have installed grml on my harddisk.
1.
What ist the default consolefont of grml?

2.
I want to use a older linux-version of openxp (crosspoint Mail and news).
The editior of openxp can not use utf8. If i do term2iso, the program show
the menus correct (ae,oe, ue ss). But in the editor the german ue, ae oe
or ss wil be not displayed correct.

How can iset for the use of openxp the terminal to ibm437 (keyboard,
screen)?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.
Dietmar

Florian Rehnisch
2011-02-06 15:17:57 UTC
Post by Dietmar Segbert
I want to use a older linux-version of openxp (crosspoint Mail and news).
Isn't there a recent version?..
Post by Dietmar Segbert
The editior of openxp can not use utf8. If i do term2iso, the program show
the menus correct (ae,oe, ue ss). But in the editor the german ue, ae oe
or ss wil be not displayed correct.
How can iset for the use of openxp the terminal to ibm437 (keyboard,
screen)?
Maybe the luit program can be of help ...

flori
Dietmar Segbert
2011-02-08 21:07:00 UTC
## Originalempfaenger: eixman at gmx.de

Hello,

thanks for your tip.

luit -encoding ISO8859-1 openxp

will work super.

Thanks and regards.

Dietmar
Post by Dietmar Segbert
The editior of openxp can not use utf8. If i do term2iso, the
program show the menus correct (ae,oe, ue ss). But in the editor
the german ue, ae oe or ss wil be not displayed correct.
How can iset for the use of openxp the terminal to ibm437
(keyboard, screen)?
Maybe the luit program can be of help ...
flori
join #grml on irc.freenode.org
grml-devel-blog: http://grml.supersized.org/
Dietmar Segbert