[Grml] pump to send hostnames when making dhchp requests
T o n g
2011-02-05 15:36:15 UTC

Some dhcp server *requires* that hostnames be sent. I've found
document on how to send hostnames with other dhchp clients except
pump. Now, how can I configure pump to send hostnames when making
dhchp requests?

Thanks
--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/tools/
Thomas Köhler
2011-02-05 16:32:11 UTC
Post by T o n g
Hi,
Some dhcp server *requires* that hostnames be sent. I've found
document on how to send hostnames with other dhchp clients except
pump. Now, how can I configure pump to send hostnames when making
dhchp requests?
"man pump" says you can try "-h HOSTNAME" in the commandline:
pump -i eth0 -h myhostname
Post by T o n g
Thanks
Ciao,